Saturday, July 3, 2010

Forever the optimist

The Washington Nationals are currently down 2-0 in the third inning on Fox Baseball's Saturday game of the week.

Stephen Strasburg is struggling with his command, over 65 pitches through three.

On the other side, knuckleballer R.A. Dickey is dominating the Nats with a bevy of offspeed pitches that have befuddled the team.

Yet, I'm optimistic. Sure, maybe the Nats don't win today (I'm not giving up hope... I'm just saying "if") but I feel a good vibe around the team.

Call me optimistic, but I'm happy with the direction of the team. Zimm, Dunn, Hammer provide a credible 3-4-5 and Strasburg teamed with Zimmermann gives the team a 1-2 tandem at the top of the rotation.

I'm optimistic... I think everyone else should be as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment